11 thoughts that keep you awake at night
If you’re not one of those people who fall asleep as soon as their head hits a pillow, then you know what it’s like to toss and turn through the night wondering when you’ll finally fall asleep so you can stop thinking. In moments such as these, there are usually a million things cramped in your head. And it’s not just the sheep you are trying to count in the hope of dozing off.
Here are just eleven of the thoughts that may keep you up at night:
- Did I turn off the lights/lock the door/shut the fridge door? (Yet always too lazy to get up and check)
- Did I feed the dog/cat/fish?
- Why hasn’t s/he called today?
- What if s/he doesn’t want to talk to me/ isn’t thinking about me as much / doesn’t care?
- Why didn’t I be more aggressive at the meeting this morning? Subtleness is only understood by intelligent people and that was clearly not the case.
- Was I productive enough today? I should do more exercise.
- What if I had taken that job in Hawaii two years ago?
- I wondering what (ex) is doing now…
- I’m tired. Maybe I should call (friend) for drinks tomorrow and a chat. I need people to talk to.
- What am I going to wear tomorrow?
- If I fall asleep right now I will get roughly four hours of sleep.
What keeps you up at night?